You see this kind of title everywhere, but let’s be honest, these are the real 12 reasons to tell if you have your life together:
- You show up to work on time; but it’s only because you washed your hair before going to bed, applied your mascara at a redlight and gave up eating breakfast years ago.
- Your room is either at 0 or 100 in terms of tidiness; you’ve got dirty laundry on the floor, a suitcase that still hasn’t been unpacked from 3 weeks ago and an array of items dangling from every potential hanger in your room, but you still manage to look a perfect 10 before leaving the house. Either that, or it’s spick and span because you cleaned it last night, but give it 24-hours to bounce back.
- You never eat dinner on a night you’re going out drinking. Half the calories and way less stuff to absorb all the alcohol; or, you eat everything in sight because, let’s be honest, there’s no point in trying to be healthy if you’re drinking all night.
- Your hair looks clean, but that’s just because you’ve mastered the art of using dry shampoo or baby powder.
- You’re super proud of yourself for packing the night before leaving on a trip instead of the morning of. But you always forget to pack your charger, pants or toothbrush.
- You know how to be responsible and stay in for the night when you have to be up super early the next day. But when you stay up until 3 or 4am, you might as well have gone out.
- You create an incredible workout schedule and diet plan for the whole next month, but then you realize that cookies are carbs and it’s wrong to cut those out of the food pyramid.
- You make it to your work event on time and you look fabulous. But no one knows that you’re buzzing from pre-drinks, you have a bleeding blister that you’ve bandaged up with toilet paper and your phone is at 3%.
- In fact, your phone is on 3% almost every single day.
- But it’s ok because you have a phone charger in your bag. Well, you have the cord to your charger in your bag. The location of the plug of the charger is to be determined.
- When you show up somewhere on time and someone asks why you’re out of breath, sweating profusely, or looking like a complete train wreck. You just give a composed smile and say the aircon is broken in your car. They don’t need to know that you ran the whole way because you forgot to allow time for traffic and parking.
- You’ve been called a hot mess on more than one occasion that you only hear the “hot” bit now, so really, it’s a compliment.